Memories Spurred As The Official Training Begins

Today was a big day on the journey towards Patriot's Day.  The official invitation from the Boston Athletic Association hit my inbox just a short time ago, and I'm officially signed up for the Boston Marathon.  And that also means the "break" I typically take between the Thanksgiving Half Marathon and the lead-up to Boston is over.  It's time to get back to training.

Finishing the sign-up for the Marathon brought back some wonderful memories from the initial campaign last season.  Of course, it was not without it's share of funny stories... Ashley can certainly attest to our snafus trying to run the GA Half Marathon last year as a warm-up race... but all in all, I have nothing but warm memories.  A couple of ones I'll link in order to give those unfamiliar with last year a flavor...

  • An article in the local newspaper, the Brookhaven Post, that was published just before the Marathon.  Click here to read
  • The full-length recap I sent my supporters last year, chronicling the entire weekend and entire race up in Boston.  Click here to read
During the break, I've taken an effort to focus on my fundraising efforts, particularly focusing on events and opportunity raffles that I hold during 2018 to help drive awareness and donations.  More to come on this as we go, but particularly if you live in Atlanta, I look forward to seeing you at an event!

To all of you who are reading this, I wish you a very happy, safe, and blessed holiday season with your family and friends, and all the best to you in 2018.  And I hope you will continue to come with me on this journey as we cross over into the new year.  It will be great!

Comments

Popular Posts