Setting my Marathon target & tracking my running progress

My goal for the 2018 Boston Marathon will be 4 hours, 40 minutes.  Here's how I come to that...


It's my hope that I get myself trained to the point that I could easily run a 4 hour, 25 minute marathon without distractions (that amounts to an average page of 10:06 across the 26.2).  Of course, learning what I learned last year, I should count on some time spent due to "distractions" (family on the course, old acquaintances, etc.) that will probably add around 15 minutes to my official time, so that gives me an official target time of 4 hours and 40 minutes for the marathon.  To put that in context, last year I ran 4 hours, 52 minutes, and 35 seconds... meaning I'll have to run around a half a minute faster per mile in 2018 to achieve that goal.

Aggressive?  Sure.  But I'm putting it out there to challenge myself as my commitment to all of you who have already committed to me.  I'm looking forward to achieving my timed goal in April!

So for all of you who are following my journey on the blogsite, thanks.  I appreciate it.  If anything, it helps myself hold me accountable to y'all who have already donated to the journey.

As part of that, I've started to keep a running "journal" of sorts to show you guys the dates, lengths, and times that I've been registering.  You can access it by either clicking on the miles or training session numbers in the header, or through the following link...

http://ravendfmc2018.blogspot.com/p/the-training-regiment.html

As always, thanks for supporting me on this year's journey -- hope I make y'all proud!


Comments

Popular Posts